Our client seeks an experienced tech lead to head up a new team. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated and a talented technical individual, who will build out a new team focusing on cross-platform projects. The Technical Director defines, drives and maintains the overall technical architecture, and ensures that high-level requirements are translated into implementation that effectively articulates the creative vision and meets the business goals. As an expert in their field – and in close cooperation with other discipline directors – the Technical Director is able to both take a hands-on role in development, and contribute to strategic project decisions.
build a team
- Recruit and lead a team of experts within the ‘tech’ discipline.
- Establish and curate a productive, collaborative development culture.
- Mentor and facilitate the continued professional growth of team members.
- Cooperate with other discipline stakeholders to identify and communicate technical requirements and constraints.
- Define and maintain a robust and extensible technical architecture enabling the efficient integration of features.
- Maintain a ‘big picture’ view of development while guiding specialists towards optimal solutions on specific implementation.
- Estimate, plan, monitor and effectively prioritize tasks.
- Identify, communicate and manage risks and issues.
- Cooperate with Production stakeholders to define and deploy effective workflows, tools, and standards / best practices.
- Provide ongoing informal and constructive technical feedback and code reviews.
- Cooperate with other stakeholders to optimise performance and stability across disciplines.
- Review the overall state at key intervals.
As a pioneer of new projects, this role demands the ability to both draw upon a deep set of experiences and learn new skills, facing challenges independently and in collaboration with the rest of the team.
This role demands not only specialist individual expertise, but the capacity to drive, mentor, and empower other team members.
- 7+ years games industry programming experience.
- Shipped titles as Tech Director, Programming Lead, or Senior Programmer (or equivalent role).
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent formal qualification) in a relevant field (or equivalent experience).
- Strong grasp of two or more domains (ie Rendering, Core Engine, Networking, AI, Tools).
- Experience developing multiplayer games.
- Experience developing large-scale / open-world / sandbox games.
- Experience developing games as a service (architecture suited to rapid, live integration).
- Solid general knowledge of all technical pipelines and processes required to develop, distribute and maintain a game.
- Experience in a leadership role.
- Confidence cooperating with technology / middle-ware partners.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Experience in recruiting and growing new teams and projects.
- Confident in prototyping and researching new technologies.
- Experience developing with Unity.
- AAA / console game development experience.
- Proficiency in documentation and communication.
- Working knowledge of Atlassian software development and collaboration tools.
- Experience working in diverse, multinational teams.
- Practical experience using a variety of modern game engines and tools..
Are you interested and do you fit above profile? We love to hear from you!
We only take your application in consideration when you apply with a CV and motivational letter.