Senior Game Designer
Senior Game Designers curate the player’s experience of the game as perceived through its core mechanics / controls / interfaces and create elegant gameplay features / systems that express the broader vision of the game.
- Define a model of player locomotion / controls / interactions;
- Cooperate with other disciplines to implement, tune and maintain this model.
- Generate, prioritise, and decompose gameplay ideas;
- Define and validate prototypes against the vision of the game;
- Design, document, test, and balance features and systems in cooperation with inter-disciplinary specialists.
- Decompose complex ideas into succinct, communicable design;
- Assess risks as they relate to design requirements / constraints in cooperation with inter-disciplinary specialists;
- Cooperate with QA to produce robust test cases.
- Contribute to the estimation, planning, and prioritisation of tasks;
- Identify and communicate risks and issues.
- Provide ongoing informal and structured technical feedback to colleagues;
- Facilitate the continued professional growth of fellow team members.
As a design generalist with a strong grasp of game design principles and techniques, this role demands the willingness to take on a broad variety of challenges, an ability to quickly switch focus between tasks, and the capacity to maintain good lines of communication, discussing complex issues at differing levels of abstraction.
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years game design experience;
- Experience in a senior role;
- Shipped titles in a Game Design (or equivalent) role;
- Experience developing large-scale / open-world / sandbox games;
- Ability to decompose design goals into succinct implementation requirements;
- Ability to operate autonomously in a dynamic environment;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience developing multiplayer / live-service games;
- Experience developing with Unity;
- AAA / console game development experience;
- Basic grasp of text-based scripting (C# or equivalent language);
- Experience in related fields / disciplines (eg world design, UI, UX, QA);
- Practical experience using a variety of modern game engines and tools;
- Keen understanding of User Generated Content;
- Working knowledge of Atlassian software development and collaboration tools;
- Experience working in diverse, multinational teams.
Are you interested and do you fit above profile? We love to hear from you!
We only take your application in consideration when you apply with a CV and motivational letter.